Monday, March 12, 2007

Treo700p Bluetooth DUN it!

So I've managed to get my Bluetooth DUN working on the Treo700P with my N800 but I hadn't tried it with my HP Laptop. Well this morning I'm going to take my laptop to an environment where cables aren't going to be the best thing in the world. So I thought I'd give it a try.

I already had the /dev/rfcomm0 device set up from previous endeavors to get the HotSync working. (It does btw).

I tried connecting to /dev/rfcomm0 with minicom and kept getting ^M errors. Thankfully Google to the rescue! I stumbled across this link. That also pointed me to this link at Guru Labs which walks you through the whole process step by step. Between these 2 pages I got the one thing I needed. RESET THE BLUETOOTH on the phone. Once I did that, presto!!! I have a connection.

So now any time I have my laptop and my phone I can get connectivity even when I forget the cables.

Speed is better than a modem I guess:

No comments: